Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical Inspection.
A structural mechanical and electrical (or SME) inspection is the most common pre-purchase combination and includes what is commonly referred to as a Home Inspection. This inspection looks at all aspects of the accessible structure in the same way that a structural only inspection will as well as covering the general condition and basic operation of the mechanical systems and electrical systems in the building. Because there is a need to individually define the purpose and scope of each inspection type independently we issues 3 separate reports bundled in a single document. This make the information well defined, easily readable, and easily referenced. This inspection provides the most cost effective approach to obtaining information on the general condition of a property for the best value. For a more specific description including the purpose and scope. When considering a residential property this type of inspection is comparable to a “Home Inspection” offered by TREC inspection contractors although our focus is not on code issues, but the condition of the property inspection.
- Structural Inspection Information
- Mechanical Inspection Information
- Electrical Inspection Information
Structural mechanical and electrical inspections are normally used for:
- Pre-Purchase Contracts – By far the most requested type of inspection for satisfying pre-purchase inspection needs.
- Rental Property Condition -Both renters and property owners choose to have property evaluated by an unbiased party to assist in issues regarding responsibilities and conditions of rented property.
- Estate Property Condition -Executors of estate property find SME evaluations useful to determine the true condition of an estate property for planning or legal purposes.
Download A Sample Reports for Structural, Mechanical, and Electrical Inspections